The Routledge Handbook of English for Academic Purposes
The Routledge Handbook of English for Academic Purposes provides an accessible, authoritative and comprehensive introduction to English for Academic Purposes (EAP), covering the main theories, concepts, contexts and applications of this fast growing area of applied linguistics. Forty-four chapters are organised into eight sections covering:
- Conceptions of EAP
- Contexts for EAP
- EAP and language skills
- Research perspectives
- Pedagogic genres
- Research genres
- Pedagogic contexts
- Managing learning
Authored by specialists from around the world, each chapter focuses on a different area of EAP and provides a state-of-the-art review of the key ideas and concepts. Illustrative case studies are included wherever possible, setting out in an accessible way the pitfalls, challenges and opportunities of research or practice in that area. Suggestions for further reading are included with each chapter.
The Routledge Handbook of English for Academic Purposes is an essential reference for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of EAP within English, Applied Linguistics and TESOL.
Báo giá: 120.000 đ
Liên hệ: Shopngoaingu 0988674911 email: [email protected]
English for Academic Purposes (Routledge – Ken Hyland)
Routledge Applied Linguistics is a series of comprehensive resource books, providing students and researchers with the support they need for advanced study in the core areas of English Language and Applied Linguistics.
Each book in the series guides readers through three main sections, enabling them to explore and develop major themes within the discipline.
- Section A, Introduction, establishes the key terms and concepts and extends readers’ techniques of analysis through practical application.
- Section B, Extension, brings together influential articles, sets them in context, and discusses their contribution to the field.
- Section C, Exploration, builds on knowledge gained in the first two sections, setting thoughtful tasks around further illustrative material. This enables readers to engage more actively with the subject matter and encourages them to develop their own research responses.
Throughout the book, topics are revisited, extended, interwoven and deconstructed, with the reader’s understanding strengthened by tasks and follow-up questions.
English for Academic Purposes:
- introduces the major theories, approaches and controversies in the field
- gathers together influential readings from key names in the discipline, including: John Swales, Alasair Pennycook, Greg Myers, Brian Street and Ann Johns
- provides numerous exercises as practical study tools that encourage in students a critical approach to this subject.
Written by an experienced teacher and researcher in the field, English for Academic Purposes is an essential resource for students and researchers of Applied Linguistics.
Báo giá: 70.000 đ
Liên hệ: 0988674911 email: [email protected]
Intermediate Spanish A Grammar and Workbook
Báo giá: 50.000 đ
liên hệ: 0988.674.911 email: [email protected]